The Illusion of Management is a blog dedicated to observations from the corporate world and everyday life. Typically, they are associated with chasing “noise” or random variation, proclaiming regression towards the mean as victory when politically convenient, and over reactions to daily metrics.
The Illusion of Management will revisit several key points:
- If you don’t change the process results will vary based on “noise”
- Unintended consequences of metrics and performance incentives
- Measuring productivity alone does not drive productivity improvement. Measurement must drive action!
- Black Swans! Enough said.
- Challenging conventional wisdom